Thursday, August 13, 2009

Murphy hates my freaking guts

So on top of all the other stuff, our car broke down last week. In the grocery store parking lot. Alan had to deal with me towing it (I'm not great at that sort of stuff...I've barely got normal driving under control). In the end, it had to go into the shop.

We got it back today, $500 later; it's sporting a new timing belt, a new water pump, a new serpentine belt, and a couple of other things I cannot name. Granted, it is an older car with many miles on it. We knew it would need some help. Still, don't believe the guy selling a car on KSL when he tells you he replaced the timing belt. Chances are, he's a liar.

On the bright side, our mechanic is awesome. Email me if you need a referral.

0 comments: