The Easter Bunny certainly made the rounds this year. Mason saw him at my work Easter egg hunt (turned Easter party because there was freaking snow on the ground -- in April). But he dropped baskets off and hid eggs at our house on Saturday, stopped in for the work party, then went to both grandparents houses for another egg hiding and more baskets. All in all, I think the holiday was a success. Claire was busy being sickly and slept through most of it, but I think she enjoyed what she was awake for.

We tried to hide eggs in somewhat obvious places. Who wants to find one a few months later?

Mason enjoying his Easter basket spoils. Mom..er, the Easter Bunny, needs to find a more consolidated hiding spot because when I got everything out, I realized that I spoiled the kids way beyond my intentions. Mason's basket included a new outfit (a Tyrannosaurus Rex polo shirt and shorts), a book (
The Little Red Caboose), a kid-sized aluminum water bottle (finally found one that I didn't have to take out a loan on. He's obsessed with the one I bought myself a couple of months ago and I'm so sick of cleaning up water puddles!), a sandwich cutter that will cut a sandwich into dinosaur shapes,
a toy lawn mower, and a "grabber". I'm sure there will be another post on the grabber toy, because it may or may not disappear on the community cleanup day that's coming to our neighborhood this spring.

Basically the only picture I have of grumpy little Claire. The day before we celebrated Easter, we had a puking incident in the car that allowed mom to become proficient at dismantling our carseat. If you ever need help with this kind of task, just call me. The thing looks brand new. Anyway, she was still spiking a fever of about 101 degrees and not in the best mood on Saturday. She got as much enjoyment as possible out of her basket, including these cute little sunglasses. The EB spoiled her with a swimsuit, sun hat, book, a little beach toy set, and a
Melissa and Doug picnic basket.

This is an overhead shot of their Easter baskets. Didn't take up the whole table each like I thought, but still proof that I went overboard.
We colored eggs on Friday night. Mason really loves that activity, but there was something messed up with the pink dye this year. Oh well, I guess we have to have at least one issue with dying each year. Last year he mixed two color tablets together. I wasn't going to give him the chance this year, but we found a way around that.
We also had a really yummy dinner and spent some quality family time together. Hey, we have to do that at least two or three times a year, right?
1 comments:
Wow - we need YOUR Easter Bunny! Looks like lots of fun, minus the puking. Did she just have a stomach flu, then?
Post a Comment