Thursday, May 20, 2010

12 Month Well Baby Check

Ironic they call today's doctor's visit that, then poke the baby with so many vaccinations that I think it'll take her week to sleep them off. Poor kiddo! Since I did the letter to Claire instead of the usual monthly post, I decided to throw all kinds of fun facts about her in here. Also just realized that we got new furniture and painted our living room and I haven't posted pictures. I'm a slacker.


(super excited to find these adjustable waist jeans for our tiny little ladybug-- her pants actually stay on when we pick her up now as long as I've pulled the waistband as tight as I can!)


Height: 29.5 inches (70th percentile)
Weight: 17.13 lbs. (5-10th percentile)
Head Size: 17.5 inches.

Likes: food, music, being chased, being tickled, being swung, being tossed, trying to walk, baby dolls, stuffed animals, blocks, reading books to herself, her Piglet blanket, swimming, crawling in the grass, grabbing, kissing, playing peek-a-boo, sleeping

Dislikes: face-planting, being put down, her carseat, hot sauce, birthday cake (especially if it's ON her), holding still, getting dressed

It seems her personality is emerging a little more every day. She is small, but her fury is mighty. Don't mess with her! Her latest and most delightful trick is that she likes us to grab her by the ankles and swing her, but she hasn't figured out that she has to release the death grip on our shirts/necks/hair before she can truly swing. So she'll grab on, toss her head back like she's already swinging and laugh. She's also started randomly pointing at things and "telling" us what they are. She'll nod like she's answering questions and grin. She will pick up anything that can serve as a phone, hold it to her ear, and chatter away. And if she gets a hold of a comb or brush she loves to "do her hair". Someday I'm pretty confident she'll get the bristles facing toward her hair. Or the comb actually on her head. But for now it's entertaining to watch her try.

0 comments: