I've turned into the kind of blogger I didn't want to be -- the kind who barely ever updates. But over the winter it seemed there was little to say. Now we're so busy doing stuff that I don't blog about the stuff we do. So much for record keeping.
For the next week or so I'm going to go back and revisit some of the stuff I missed. We did a snowmobiling trip in January with Alan's family that was a good time. We inaugurated the season by pulling out the trailer for a trip to Crystal Springs -- which quickly got shut down by the rain. We haven't been out camping since. Mason participated in a cute little Mother's Day program and finished school with a circus day. He's now doing his second round of swimming lessons, and I'm participating in a mom-and-tot splash class with Claire. During one of the first warm days, we took a hike up Rocky Mouth canyon that was a mostly good time. We also hit "Day Out With Thomas" again this year, although I think it will be our last year because while it was fun, it wasn't nearly as exciting as the first go-around.
Most recently, my mom and I took the kids down to a chalk art festival at the Gateway. It was pretty fun, even if the day was hot. I was sure glad she went with us! We love hanging out with grandma (especially when dad's at work). Mason was disappointed that I forgot his swimsuit (major parenting fail when you go to place famous for their splashing space). It's okay, we'll wrangle an other trip down there out of it -- I promised him we'd go back for the museum and take his swimsuit then.
So here are some sweet pictures of the chalk art festival. I think the kids enjoyed themselves and it was a fun way to see others' express their creativity.
















3 comments:
Awwww, so fun! The chalk art festival was Danika's first outing as a teeny tiny baby.
Wow who knew sidewalk chalk could be so much fun!?!
You are a fun mom for doing cool things with your kids. How did I not know about the chalk festival? It looks totally fun..
Post a Comment