Mason is starting to recognize some of the elements of Christmas this year, and it has been so much fun. We asked him if he was excited for Christmastime, and the answer was a resounding yes. We asked him what Christmas means, and his first answer was "Lights!" We're working on the actual meaning of Christmas now! However, his excitement prompted us to take first things first-- and put up our lights. As you can see, we aren't too elaborate with it; we put up something simple and then drive around to see the more elaborate displays.
We also invested in a 7 1/2 foot tall pre-lit Christmas tree. This was only a disadvantage after we started decking the tree out and I realized I only had enough decor for a 4 1/2 foot tree. We're making it work! I have scaled back on my Christmas decorations a bit. I used to do the whole living room, but Mason loves to play in there, so we seem to have reached a truce whereby I get my space to decorate if he gets his space to play. As a result, I have the tree and the one table ready to go. My mom purchased a train that is meant to circle the bottom of the tree for Mason; we might put it up if he'll stop playing with it long enough. But his other newfound love is The Polar Express, which is also the name he's bestowed on the new train; I'm thinking this love will carry him through the new year.






1 comments:
I love the decorations! That's so good that you can compromise like that...one of many, I'm sure!
Post a Comment