Sunday, December 7, 2008

The only place Thanksgiving should meet Christmas

In my opinion, that is. I think Christmas is a post-December 1st sort of thing. Except for some reason this year, we were all over it the day after Thanksgiving. I can totally see that; I'm not the girl who starts Christmas around Halloween time, though, and I never will be.

Anyway, we took Mason to see the holiday lights at Thanksgiving Point on Friday night. He said his favorites were the "red trees". As seems to be the case with children, he liked the parking lot decorations the best out of the whole display! Alan's favorite was a solider lighting a cannon; the cannonball shot in an arch over the roadway and was synced to lights of a small explosion on the other side. I really liked that one, but I think my favorite was the gingerbread man flipping through the archway over the trail. I couldn't capture a very good picture of either of our favorites. And the camera didn't do the red trees much justice, but I tried! (Also, please excuse our car antenna in the picture. If it wasn't there, it would mean I was the driver instead of the passenger, so that's probably a good thing.)










Mason's whole focus of the evening was feeding the "Bambis" so they could "have a popsicle after dinner." He determined that reindeer (we have tried to explain the difference between Bambi and reindeer, but the red nose is the only thing that seems to register, and we have since given up) like brown or yellow popsicles the best. I tried not to think about that too much and I was much relieved when he changed his mind and decided they like blue popsicles instead.







Naturally, Mason was the most interested in trying to climb inside the reindeer's pen. I have a picture of him being stopped by his daddy as he tried to climb over the top, but I was on stroller guard on the other side, so it's really dark. And the picture posted does not accurately show the amount of climbing that was going on...need I say again that he's a monkey?

We had hamburgers and fries (all the better to feed my new, relatively bottomless craving for red meat-- I'm sensing a prescription for iron supplements in my future!) for dinner at a place across the way and then shared a peach cobbler milkshake. I found a chunk of peppermint candy cane in my milkshake. I'm choosing to look at that as a bonus!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask if you drove or did the wagon ride through the lights. Maybe we'll have to take our kids there...

Jill said...

Your blog is so Christmas-y and it gives me the warm fuzzies. I need a glass of Hot Cocoa! I am SO glad that I can read it now! Yeah!

Josh and Juli said...

How fun! How much do they charge you to go there? I didn't realize until I read your post that they have real reindeer there...very tempting for me, I must admit! I think Hallie would LOVE that, if it's worth the money. Is it???