Gee, do you think these two are related? For all the differences I could find in pictures just a couple of months ago, I think it's pretty clear that they look alike now.
I can't find the handwritten note the pediatrician gives us that lists Mason's size at age 4 months, but I have the one for his two month visit and the one for his six month visit. If I estimate in between them, at Claire's age now, Mason was 26 inches long and weighed about 15 lbs. So she is about the same length, but approximately three pounds less than he was. I know there are differences in size between girls and boys, so I'll just take that as further proof that she's a string bean.
I think her facial features are still a little more delicate where Mason's were more round. And Mason had the "old man" hair thing going on; his newborn hair never fell out but it didn't really grow either. By the time he hit four or five months, the newborn hair was in a ring around the middle of his noggin. Claire's hair seems to be growing in at the same rate as her head is growing. If I wanted to, I could probably give her a little bit of a ponytail right on top of her head, but I'll wait.
Personality wise, she is a whole lot more snuggly than he was, but she is also far more squirmy. Mason would roll over when I tried to change his diaper, but Claire will kick me as hard as she can. Mason loved tummy time, too, but Claire has only started enjoying recently. Going along with being snuggly, she only tolerates it for a few minutes whereas Mason would spend hours on his tummy. I don't know what this reveals about their personalities. I guess time will tell!






2 comments:
So fun to see both your babies in comparison. Isn't fun to see how similar, but how different each kiddo is?!
Very interesting. I think someday they'll appreciate seeing what you've observed about them already. They do look alike in those pictures!
Post a Comment