Sunday, October 25, 2009

Craftiness is in the air

Last night, we went at the last minute with my friend Kristi, her sons Logan and Colton, and her mom, to a little Halloween night at a local craft store. I'm not gonna lie, it was not nearly as "big" as we thought it would be. But in the end, the boys had fun and that is what counts. Mason is now five times even more excited to wear his James costume (and apparently, to be somewhat snotty as he corrects the people who say "Look, it's Thomas!") to school and on Halloween proper. Plus, we had ice cream for dinner; that's always a bonus and further proof that I'm mother of the year, as I keep telling you. Oh, well. It was good, free entertainment. Thanks for inviting us to tag along!



I'm a dork, I took a picture of the sign.


Mason and a little bit of Logan at the craft table. They had mummies to draw on, jack o' lanterns to draw faces on (the nice lady glued these together so they made a little basket), and pom-pom spiders to attach legs, eyes, and noses to with a hot glue gun. Mason got (actual)glue on his hand and his (figurative) glue melted, so I finished it up for him and thus don't have pictures of that.

The parade


They gave out balloons, and Mason's had a very, very long ribbon. He loved letting it stretch up and telling me to "look how tall my balloon is, mom". Claire liked watching it, too.


Claire watched the whole thing in her understated way. She was asleep when we went in, and I wasn't going to mess with her ladybug costume when she woke up grumpy. Even without a costume, she won a prize that is a bead picture making kit she won't be able to use until the choking hazard doesn't apply.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I debated going to the Roberts thingy, but in the end decided to go visit my sis instead. Looks like he had fun (and not too busy is always a plus).