Thursday, October 29, 2009

No tricks, just treats



We're getting ready for Halloween. This means my maiden voyage as a preparer of treats for Mason's preschool class. The stipulations are 13 wrapped, commercially prepared treats. These little bags are what I came up with. I curse this modern, fearful age for robbing me of something I have looked forward to for many years: baking treats for my son to take to school. I guess these days something doesn't count unless you spend money on it. Oh, well. Anyway, each bag includes:
  • 6 small Halloween-themed stickers
  • 2 plastic rings with different Halloween symbols as the "jewel"
  • a Tootsie Pop
  • one small candy bar

I got my ideal bag of Tootsie Pops. There was only one grape and one chocolate in the whole bag. The rest was a mixture of raspberry, cherry, orange and mystery. I'll be honest here, I totally saved as many of the cherry ones as I could because they are my personal favorite. I also used Kit Kats and Three Musketeers because I thought those were the least likely to encounter any allergy problems. I spent $8 total (meaning on these items and our candy for trick-or-treaters. I felt okay about that. I plan on cutting up the stickers and putting both the left over plastic rings and the left over stickers in with our Halloween candy (which is, you guessed it, Kit Kats, Three Musketeers, and Snickers. I don't care if the trick or treaters are allergic. Beggars can't be choosers, right?).

Happy Haunting! Oh, and here's the question? Did I go overboard on these? Or did I not go overboard enough? You be the judge.

1 comments:

Josh and Juli said...

I think you did just right - probably more than most moms because you actually put some thought into it, but not overboard. Very cute.