So today marks the beginning of a very busy week at our house. Alan's birthday is the 11th, followed by Mason's birthday on the 17th. We tried to get in a good birthday celebration for Alan's, but he's working all around his birthday (as always). We went out last night with the guys from the fire station and their wives to watch the Jazz game and have dinner, so that might be the big celebration. We'll have family over later in the week to mark Mason's third birthday.
I've seen a lot of people name X# of their favorite things about their husband to correspond with the number of years he is old; I'm not going to do that because I have a three year old trying to beat the tar out of the house with a toy golf club during this unsupervised moment. However, what I will do is still share some of the things I love about my husband as quickly as I can.
First of all, the picture I have above is one of him doing something he is pretty good at -- teaching. He was teaching me how to shoot a gun while we were camping this summer. He teaches me, he teaches Mason how to do things (some of them, like "pull my finger", I would probably prefer not, but.. well, it's kind of funny), and he teaches at work. He puts so much time and energy into learning and then turning around and teaching that it's fairly inspiring.
Second, he is a hard-working daddy who does everything he can to support our family. He's given up most of his interests and he doesn't understand the concept of "alone" time. He rarely takes a break and is always either at work or home with us. I know he loves his job and may or may not feel like the time away from us is sacrificed, but I appreciate all the sacrifices he makes so I can be at home (mostly) with Mason.
Third, he will do just about anything for anyone. He is always willing to help our family, neighbors, and friends if they need it, no matter how icky the job might become. If he is available to do it, he will and he'll keep doing it until the job is done to his exacting specifications. That being said, he also is a very creative problem solver who constantly keeps me in awe. Just one brief example: he once got navy blue paint out of our tan carpet; I only know because he told me.
Sometimes he's an exhausting perfectionist with extremely high standards, but everything he does is because he cares about our little family and our comfort in the long run. I appreciate the focus and determination he tries to instill in me, and everything he does to keep me focused on the "big picture". He's the exact person I need in my life to keep me grounded and I'm so glad to have found him. Happy Birthday, Alan!






5 comments:
Happy Birthday!
Okay so on facebook it told me Mason's birthday was the 11th- so just ignore my comment on there for now!
That's so sweet! Happy birthday to both your boys!
Hey Jannda!! How are you? I found your blog from Juli's, it is so good to read your blog and see what you are up to! You and Alan got hitched after all huh?!? That is awesome! And your little Mason is dang adorable! And you are expecting a girl...that is so perfect a little boy and a girl on the way I am jelous! I am glad to see that you are so happy and that life is so good!
~Alisha
Hey if anyone blogstalked anyone it was me stalking you! I am addicted to blogging and I think it is a great way to keep in touch with friends! Where are you guys living? I think it would be fun to get together sometime!
Cute post. I love your family pictures too.
Since Parker and Mason have similar taste in play thins, I am listing some things that sparked Parker's interest in the "Trying Three's." Screwdrivers (he took apart a chair!), Justin's Mikita drill (tried to take apart the table) and markers. I love his artistic streak, just not on the walls. Hope those help you out with the fun year ahead.
Post a Comment