Saturday, January 31, 2009

So, we were driving down the road....




.. or at least, the boy Bees were, and this is what happened. Alan reported hearing a pop and looking back over his shoulder. His window was cracked, but not a huge deal until a few minutes later when Mason started freaking out; the window was literally falling in.


As far as we could tell, there was nothing shot at it. The truck had been the garage, so there wasn't a drastic temperature difference. But Alan still had to abort the errand to return home with one hysterical child (Have I mentioned his fear of wind? He thinks the wind did it. Also, they were on the freeway when the window crumbled, so Mason caught a fair amount of wind to the face).


This happened last week, and Mason still keeps asking if the window in Mama's truck is going to fall apart, too. The only small comfort we could manage was Alan allowing Mason to help push the broken pieces of window out the gaping hole.


You may wonder why I chose to take pictures. Firstly, we were totally surprised (and more than a little irritated!) at the random nature of it. Apparently, these windows are not particularly budget-friendly to replace. Secondly, this is the messiest I have ever seen Alan's truck.

2 comments:

Shani said...

Ahhh! That would freak me out,let alone poor Mason. Hope you get it all fixed up and it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg!

Josh and Juli said...

Holy cow, that's crazy! I'm glad everyone's okay!