Friday, September 18, 2009

Four fabulous months and still growing strong...

Claire turned four months old yesterday. I failed; it's the first time I haven't made the post on the actual anniversary. Oh well, I think she'll forgive me. On a side note, Claire has been pretty dedicated to sitting up on her own since, well, the beginning of her time. She visibly strains to lift her head up constantly when she's laying down. So we love the Bumbo and highly recommend it!




Likes: chewing on things (especially her index and middle fingers), being tickled by Grandpa, kicking those long legs constantly (especially when you comment on it), "flyin' ", any music but most especially ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man", snuggling into mom for a long nap, having her toes "omped", being pulled with her arms from laying to sitting to standing and back again, working out her vocal cords, outside, chewing on towels

Dislikes: having the bottle removed from her mouth while she thinks she's still eating, being put down, having her toes "omped" with her brother's teeth, her carseat

As of yesterday, she holds her own bottle in her mouth. She's rolling from her back to stomach and back again, and has exercised the ability to turn this in to her mobility. She only catnaps during the day, but will snuggle right in to sleep at night. Sometimes she sleeps through the night and sometimes she doesn't. She's especially happy to see everyone in the morning and generally only giggles when she's being tickled or someone is blowing raspberries on her stomach. She's still long and skinny and we'll see where she's at next week during a trip to Dr. Johnson.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Wow she is getting SO big! What a little cutie! So I really was going to try and get together with you this week, but we started potty training and I didn't dare to leave the house! So lets try for next week. I am wide open. :)

carolee said...

I guess I hadn't realized that Claire and Dylan are exactly one month apart. What a cute little gal she is! Can't wait to meet her!

thebirchfam said...

She is so cute :) Love the bumble, I never had those for my kids. My nephews have them and they are awesome!

Shani said...

What a big girl! I may copy your post if you don't mind. I need to document more of Chase's milestones too. You are good.