For the eighth straight year, Alan played in the annual Guns 'N Hoses charity hockey game. This year, they split the proceeds (which in the end, was a pretty awe-inspiring total!) between a few different places, most notably to the family of a Millard County deputy who was killed in the line of duty during a traffic stop just a few weeks before the game. It was, to me, a great mark of the success they have had, that they could just react to such a tragedy with aid. That has always been their goal and it is impressive to me that, even through something this small that has become huge, they have reached it. I know they'll keep striving to help more public safety officers who are the victims of nothing more than doing their job.
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Our 2010 Family Christmas Letter: Guns 'N Hoses
The games are always lots of fun and full of good-spirited trash-talking. At the end of the day, everyone has to go back to work where they basically play for the same team. But the firefighters still won. You would think I would experience some difficulty in loyalty there. Since I started my job, police officers hold a special place in my heart.
Yeah, no difficulty. I hope our firefighters win again next year.
at 11:55
Labels: 2010 Christmas Letter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment