So here is our Super Bowl spread. We threw together a quick, impromptu thing when we realized that we both had the day off. It was a great way to enjoy the company of a couple good friends as well as our new television and surround sound system. Although, the surround sound speakers toward the back of the room still freak me out; I have one ear that is more "in tune" from dispatching out of it all the time (we have personalized ear pieces that sit in our left ears at work) , and it's total habit to turn my head in the direction of the subtle noises that come out of the rear speakers. I hear it in individual parts instead of enjoy the "experience". I'm hoping it will go away at least while I'm at home.
Anyway, with Mason having cold and not wanting to "spread the wealth", we only invited a couple of kid-less people over. Maybe next year we can have a bigger shindig. As it was, I went way overboard and we will be eating Super Bowl food for what feels like a century. I used a family recipe from Alan's family to make dip with some chips, salsa, Little Smokies and Meatballs (crockpot), snickerdoodle cookies, and a cheeseball and crackers. That's just what is shown, that doesn't include the double-decker Papa Murphy's pizza we had from dinner. I will be posting some of these recipes on The Unpampered Chef later on.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Super (overboard on the treats) Bowl Party
at 10:52
Labels: random crap
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Yum! That sounds like my kind of party!
All of that sounds delicious! I think my appetite is finally returning after 3 long months!
Post a Comment