Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday: Kitchen Cleanin'

I've seen Works for Me Wednesday on a couple of blogs I love to read, and I've wanted to do one on how I clean the microwave. Alan thought it was a very inventive idea (I got it from my mom), and makes that yucky task so much easier.


Well, Alan cleaned my microwave out for me while I was at work, which makes it impossible for me to do a photo tutorial even if the task isn't complicated. So instead, I'm going to do this Wednesday on how to "deep clean" the kitchen.





My answer: leave my husband alone at home for the day. We have recently pulled out our stove and fridge and cleaned all around the appliances themselves, the floor, and the walls behind them. But he took it to a new level: he removed the trim, the vents, and anything else he could get off. He cleaned the microwave, inside and out, including the filters. He pulled apart the vent on the bottom of the fridge, as well as the drink/ice dispenser. He took apart the toaster and cleaned it inside and out. I didn't even know half that stuff would come off or come apart for cleaning!


As usual, because he's also super-dad, he found a way to occupy Mason by letting him splash in one side of the sink while he used the other side to clean appliances. Mason splashed for approximately two hours. I got a text message at work detailing that he'd become angry when his fingers got all wrinkly from the moisture and asked his dad to "get the wrinkles off".


I wonder what Alan will come up with to occupy the toddler while we paint the baby's room!


For more Works for Me Wednesdays, check out Classy and Sophisticated. She also posts a link to a fun website called Rocks in My Dryer (the lady who started WFMW), but I don't know what the link is so you'll have to do a little blogstalking to see that one.









1 comments:

Josh and Juli said...

Holy cow! Can he train my husband to do all that? Actually, Josh does ocasionally like to deep clean like that, but only when he's mad at me. So I guess it's good and bad news that he hasn't done that for a really long time! And he'll get everything out to clean it, and then not get around to putting it back for a while, so I don't enjoy it as much as I could. I'm intrigued by the microwave cleaning...don't forget to teach us that!