Sunday, June 28, 2009

Comparing Notes


Here's a side by side comparison of Mason at age one month and Claire at age one month. I'm not sure they look that much alike. You can tell they are related, but overall they look different. She has different cheekbones, a different mouth, less hair, and a thinner face. According to my mom, Claire looks a whole lot more like me as a baby (especially in build) than Mason did. Mason has always looked so much like his dad. Time will tell, but I think I need to apologize to Claire for passing on my freakishly huge/long feet.

Personality-wise, I'm not sure where they stand as far as similarities go. I can't remember all that much about six-week-old Mason's personality, other than he ate a lot and really hated being woken up. He was born in the winter, so it took longer to catch on to this, but they are both really outdoorsy. Claire will actually turn her head toward the sun and make content little noises. The first time I remember thinking Mason loved outside was when we took him camping at five months old. He sat in his bouncy chair and stared at the trees moving all day long. I have a feeling Claire will do the same thing given the opportunity.

I'm hoping Claire takes after Mason in sleeping, though. He slept consistently through the night at eight weeks and has never really looked back. Claire has had a couple of all-nighters already, but she seems to be a stickler for that 3:30 am time slot. I have admit that I like it, too. It's my only real chance to spend some one-on-one quiet time with her so I can know all this stuff!


1 comments:

Josh and Juli said...

Both are such cute babies, but definitely different. I hope Claire takes after her big brother in the sleeping area soon!