Some of you may not know that Mason was such a prolific spit-upper that I still have a huge collection of cloth diapers-turned-burp cloths. They are the only thing I used with him, and were so great that I had planned to use them again with Claire.
I don't know if my sweet mother-in-law had thought of any of this when she saw this super cute gift idea. It is also something even my sewing impaired self could duplicate for friends. She just took cloth diapers and paired them with some cute ribbon; attached the ribbon to the two sides where the centered thicker portion of the diaper, and used a small, simple stitch all the way around each length of ribbon.
With another length of ribbon, she used hot glue to attach cute accenting buttons to a clip (some are plastic, some are metal), and looped one end of the ribbon through the clip before finishing the loop with a stitch across the top. She made a bigger loop on the bottom and sewed it closed. I thought these were very clever and cute pacifier clips, but I won't be able to use them unless I switch pacifiers. I love the Soothies brand, but I hate how they don't work with normal pacifier clips.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Better than Etsy
at 12:21
Labels: products we love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Nathan loved the soothie binkies as well and I hated how they never worked with pacifier clips. So I attatched a skinny piece of elastic in one of the little holes of the binkie and sewed the ends together to form a loop. Then I could attatch anything to it, when it got worn I just sewed a new elastic loop to it.
Cute idea as well :)
Those are my favorite burp cloths as well, and someone made me cute ones when I had Hallie (who almost never spit up), but they sure came in handy with Addy. I even have one with that same purple ribbon with daisies on it! Very cute.
Post a Comment