Fins might have been a misleading way to title this, but oh well. Mason started his first swimming lessons on Monday. They aren't wearing fins yet, but as you can tell from this shot about 10 minutes into the first lesson, he has absolutely no fear of the water. He is loving it!
For those who are wondering, we're taking him to Shinsel's Swim School Pool. They don't have a website or a listed number. It's a private residence with a huge lot, and the couple built a swimming pool for a large portion of their space. This is the 29th summer they have been open. We heard about them because Alan's parents are good friends with the owners, and Alan and his brothers went there for swim lessons while they were growing up. The pool is clean and beautiful, the water is warm, and there are only three kids in Mason's class.
They cost a bit more than your local rec center (not lots more, but a little bit), but I think it's very worth it and I highly recommend them. If you are interested in swimming lessons there, email me and I'll get it you their contact information. Mason is in the second session now. I believe the third session in August is already full, but openings will become available when people don't show up.






2 comments:
Sounds like fun! I look forward to when Livy is old enough for lessons. She loves the water. I will be happy once they build our rec center. Soon!
So cute! I would like to info for swim lessons. You can e-mail me the info.
We also had a couple in our neighborhood growing up that had a huge pool and did swimming lessons. But they sold the house several years ago as it got to be too much for them to maintain. Some builder bought the property tore everything down and built several houses on it. So no more swimming at the Lowders house. :(
Post a Comment