Last night as I put Mason to bed, I took a moment to really breathe him in. I don't do it too often because he usually won't hold still that long. He smelled like an intoxicating combination of sun, grass, dirt, and sunscreen. It may not sound that pleasant, but it was the smell of summer and the smell of my little boy and I loved it.
I breathe in Claire on a regular basis. She doesn't smell like summer or little kid yet, just like a baby which is also wonderful in its own way.
What smells make you think of summer and childhood?
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
The Smell of Summer
at 10:03
Labels: random crap
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I spent several hours yesterday evening picking apricots. Nothing like fresh ripe fruit on a tree! It brought back a lot of summer memories.
I find myself sniffing Lex's wobbies when she is snuggled off to bed or not around. It is easy since there is usually 2 or 3 lying around the house. The have her smell all over them and I love it. Nathan has a favorite shampoo and I love it when he is fresh and clean and has the scent of it in his hair.
Post a Comment