1. Did you date someone from your school?
Umm... I went on a few dates but I wouldn't say I dated anyone. The boys I knew in high school were idiots. (Some of them still are!)
2. What kind of car did you drive?
A 1986 Chevy Cavalier. It started out blue and ended up white after what we'll refer to as some "learning moments in traffic". My car kicked ASH. (Because the license plate was ut/919ASH and we were all nerds.)
3. What was the most embarrassing moment of HS?
Would have to be the time, in Madrigals, they made me walk all sexy-like right in front during a performance. I nearly ate it on some AV cords during the packed-house concert and don't worry, my proud parents have it on video tape to this day. I'm sure if this doesn't suffice, I could come up with a few hundred others. Sliding off Martin's silk shirt during rehearsal when I was supposed to jump on him piggy-back style was embarrasing. And also kind of painful because I landed flat on my butt.
4. Were you a party animal?
I had a group of friends I always hung out with, but I wouldn't have called us partiers. Or animals for the most part.
5. Were you considered a flirt?
Yes, and I don't know why. My idea of a good time was when one of the idiot boys got locked out of the car on Halloween and we drove off without him. This was before cell phones, people.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
All of them. I played flute in wind ensemble (which meant we got to play with the full orchestra), choir and madrigals. (Speaking of wind ensemble-- Hi, Melissa!)
7. Were you a nerd? No need for the past tense. I still am a nerd.
8. Were you on any varsity teams?
Not as a player, but I lettered in varsity soccer by being a team manager (I also learned how to kick a ball like a boy, can name various flavors of Gatorade by taste, and have taken soccer stats in my concert choir dress.)
9. Did you get suspended/expelled?
No, but I did get a friendly little chat from the ex-Merchant Marine Vice Principal for being late during a lockout.
10. Can you still sing the fight song?
Why yes I can. Alan and I will sing our competing fight songs loudly to this day if we are provoked. He went to Bingham and I went to Taylorsville. Not exactly rivals at much besides baseball because Bingham was annoyingly good at just about everything. I'd like it noted we killed them at the state Madrigal competition....
We are the Warriors and we're the best! We'll hold our colors high. (That line might be wrong!) Just look at all the things we've done, and all the victories we have won... our school is #1 we say with pride! We are always above the rest! And that is the reason why... we'll fight for the gold and win for the blue, we're the Warriors of Taylorsville High! Double U-A-Double R- I- O-R-S! Double U-A-Double R-I-O-R-S!
Did I mention I was required to be in the pep band, too? We also played "You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon. Have fun singing that for the rest of the day. But really, ask Janae about it. She was the cheerleader.
11. Who were your favorite teachers?
Ms. Cluny (AP American History), and although I gave her a hard time, Mrs. Tarrant (also known as Mrs. "T", the choir teacher).
12. Where did you sit during lunch?
In the Commons Area where Josh would drag Juli around by the foot. Also, it's sadly now filled in. It's a travesty to future generations of Warriors. Oh, and I spent a fair amount of my lunch periods in Melissa's car on our way to Burger King for the .99 cent Whoppers.
13. School mascot?
In case I haven't sufficiently covered it, we were the Warriors.
14. Did you go to homecoming, and with who?
I went the year after graduation with Martin, who had been my Madrigal partner.
15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Why?
16. What do you remember most about graduation?
Thinking repeatedly that a) I wish the choir wasn't performing so I wouldn't have to walk, b) Alaina really shouldn't have used hand puppets in her speech, and c) I'm so glad this is over with.
17. Where did you go senior skip day?
Oh...you mean that wasn't my entire senior year?
18. Were you in any clubs?
Several. I can dig out the yearbook if you're really interested, because I can't remember. Half of my high school experience was during that stupid non curricular clubs ban across Utah, so there was that. After that ban was lifted, the school just exploded with new clubs. My brain is too cluttered now to remember what I got suckered into joining up with.
19. Have you gained some weight since then?
Haven't we all?
20. Who was your prom date?
I didn't have one. I was always the friend who helped boys ask out the girls they liked.
21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?
I think Amber will force me to, so it doesn't matter what I'm planning. :)
22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?
Grin and bear it. This too shall pass.
I tag Amber and Melissa!
Friday, September 5, 2008
High School Tag
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I don't remember you being a soccer manager. Why has that skipped my mind?
Hi Jannda! You have such a cute little family. You have a great blog. Hope all is well. Mrs. T
Post a Comment