I'm beginning to think they have a week or a day for just about everything, seriously. But when it comes to your kids' safety, can you ever be too careful? I've heard statistics that say a surprising number of carseats are not properly installed or because the kids aren't properly buckled in.
I think our carseat is okay. Alan put it in and I typically have to use some sort of a tool to get it undone. He literally presses his knee into the seat while he tightens the straps. In spite of this, I plan on stopping by one of the places below in the next few days just to be sure. It would just kill me if anything happened to Mason because of something so preventable. I'm sure I'm not the only parent out there who feels this way!
I found a listing of upcoming checkpoints in case anyone else is interested:
Saturday, September 20
*Babies R Us at 1122 East Fort Union Blvd (7200 South) from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
*Wheeler Historic Farm 6351 South 900 East from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
(spanish speaking assistance will be available here)
*Sunset City parking lot at 85 West 1800 North in Sunset from 3 p.m.-6 p.m.
*Utah Valley Regional Medical Center at 1034 North 500 West in Provo
from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
*Tooele County Health Dept. at 151 North Main in Tooele from 10 a.m.-noon
Tuesday, September 23
*Babies R Us at 106 East University Pkwy in Orem from 3 p.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday, September 24
*Jorgensen Ford at 1000 South Cove View Road in Richfield from 3 p.m.-6 p.m.
*Syracuse Fire Department 1751 South 2000 West in Syracuse from 3 p.m.-6 p.m.
Fore more information, see Safe Kids Utah or the Salt Lake Tribune article.
Friday, September 19, 2008
National Child Passenger Safety Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment