Friday, November 7, 2008

Decisions, decisions...

Now, please no one die of shock. I have organized a separate playlist of my blog music for Christmas. I know most of you who truly know me will be wondering what the problem is. I am a) not known for my love of traditional Christmas music and b) never so organized I have something like that completed months in advance.

Well, a couple of years ago, I came across Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong album, and it is hands down my favorite wintertime CD. It is slow and mellow and in places even a bit sad. My all-time favorite Christmas/winter song is "In the Bleak Midwinter" (if that tells you anything about the holiday music I like!!), and this was one of the only albums I've ever found with it.

So what I'm wondering is this: when is it too soon to switch over to the holiday playlist? I was totally aghast when I realized LiteFM100 already had Christmas music. Typically, I think Thanksgiving is too passed by and gets moreso every year. I usually refuse, steadfastly, to put up any holiday decorations until at least December 1st. But for some reason this year, I'm itching to do it earlier. So please, take the poll on the top right hand side and let me know what you think!

5 comments:

Nicol said...

Whoa! I just saw your news! Boy, have I been out of the loop! I am so happy for you! Congrats! We have a lot of catching up to do when we go to lunch on Tuesday!

Joseph Weed said...

Congrats I just saw the ticker at the top of your page! How exciting.

Anonymous said...

Nice way to sneak that in! Hee hee!
Congrats again!

Jill said...

Jannda- I am obsessed about trying to read your blog. If I hold my screen at just the right angle, I can see the words. I think that it has to do with the color of your fonts and my less than super computer skills. I had a minute to read your blog when what to my wondering eyes does appear?!? A BABY TICKER! I am SO happy for you! Congrats to you and your family. That is awesome. Give Leslie an "I'm so happy for you new grandma (again) hug". And here is one for you ( hug )! ~~ Jill

Unknown said...

I think I always refer to my mom's standard when it comes to Christmas decorations. She puts them up the day after Thanksgiving. That seems to give Thanksgiving its share of attention, and also gives you plenty of time to enjoy the Christmas decorations.