Saturday, November 1, 2008

All Hallows Eve has come and gone...


This Halloween was yet another year Dad was at work (we're keeping our fingers crossed that he'll be on the same platoon next year because then we might be able to actually see him on a holiday!), so we had to make some fun of our own.

We invited some friends over. Ashlyn was a beautiful little snow princess and Mason was a somewhat cooperative monkey. Due to his lack of cooperation last year, and the fact that his costume was a 2T/3T size, I decided to stretch the monkey costume for another year. Plus, I couldn't come up with anything that would be equally as appropriate.

So what are we to do with a seemingly endless supply of candy at home? Well, we made more food of course. We had sweet chili with cornbread, Halloweenies, and were too full to make it through our dessert of chocolate chip cookie dough brownies (see my nerdy recipe blog, The Unpampered Chef for any of these recipes you may want to try). The kids played until the house was a total disaster and helped us hand out candy. Mason rebelled and removed his costume before we made it trick or treating, but there's always next year and I way overbought on candy. Plus, we stopped at Grandma's house so she could see the costume, and she provided Mason with some "yucks" (the Good 'N Plentys he so loves. They are named that because mom and dad both told him they are yucky) and a licorice rope that doubled for a whip during various points of the night.

Overall, we had good food, good company, and good times! Hope everyone else had a Happy Halloween!

The Saddest Little Monkey, Halloween 2007

A Two-Toothed Little Tiger, Halloween 2006

4 comments:

Josh and Juli said...

I love the costume and the ones from years past! Looks like you guys had a good time cooking and eating and handing out candy. Hopefully next year's even better!

Anonymous said...

he's still little- might as well reuse costumes before he has a mind of his own!

Nicol said...

I LOVE the monkey costume! Super cute and I think it does fit him.

Glad to hear that you have a nice Halloween!

Shani said...

Yahoo Jannda! Now we REALLY have to talk more often. I am due May 24th. When is your due date?!?!?