Wow, I just realized what that title must look like to those of you who follow via feed or email and just see the title. Hmm. Oh, well. You all know how I am by now!
So last week, after 45 minutes of effort with and end result of hair that still looked like I hadn't bothered, I decided I was sick of the long and it was coming off. That it did!
Some of you may remember when I was in high school and my hair never made it past my shoulders. For those of you that don't, this is even shorter than it was then! Heather, my fabulous haircutter, showed me where the 10 inches required to donate would fall and I was like "Hey, why not!" It seemed like a shame to be within an inch or two of donating and not going the extra. Besides, I'm taking pre-natal vitamins; my hair might have grown out that much by Thanksgiving. Probably not, but likely by Christmas.
Plus, when the "oompa-loompa" purple wears out (Alan can be very kind, can't he?!), it will be a more dramatic shade of red than I have tried. I like to think of myself as brave, even if it isn't true.
Also, please forgive the awkward self-portraits. I also ended up with pictures of the ceiling and the back of my chair during the photo shoot. I'm not so good at the self photography.
So I have a 10-inch long ponytail to donate, and if anyone knows of a good cancer charity, I would love the guidance (via comment or email, whatever works). I donated to Locks of Love last time (and one other time about 12 years ag0), but I have a work friend who died of cancer a couple of years ago so I feel a little closer to that cause.






4 comments:
i like it!
Oh that's very cute!! I tried that with my hair, you just can't tell because it's ridiculously curly. Congrats on the new baby, by the way. I never see you anymore so I had no idea. That's very exciting!
It looks very good on you! Plus, it's always so nice to have a new, short cut that's easy to do, especially when you have a toddler and a baby on the way!
You look great, I love the new cut!
Post a Comment