For those of you who have been waiting, here are some pictures of the (mostly) completed room for the baby. I've been taking my time getting it ready because I've had some pretty specific ideas, but most of them have come together quite nicely thanks to the effort of my parents, Alan and Mason (especially with their surprise paint job while I was at work-- how many husbands would remember the exact name of the paint color their wife had selected?!), and Alan's mom.
I had thought about doing beadboard and painting the top part of the room green. However, as I evaluated the expense and effort involved I decided that I was both too cheap and too lazy, even though I really like the look of beadboard. As it stands, I may not do a chair rail again, either. These kinds of projects are not my forte, and come out looking good only thanks to my husband's patience with me.
Her crib is most of the way put together. I just have to put the teething rail on it. The green blanket hanging on the narrow side of the crib is a really cute car seat cover that my mother-in-law made. I haven't put it in the car seat yet because I've heard the weather is supposed to get fairly hot soon.
Also, I fell in love with the vinyl lettering. If you are interested in doing vinyl lettering in your house and don't know someone who does it, I recommend ordering from Words Anywhere. Their shipping was prompt, you can custom design your vinyl, and they had lots of cute fonts to choose from.
The view from the doorway. I've got a set of wall art to put up here, I'm just trying to decide if I'm going to do with with a decorative rod or if I'm going to find some other way. Also, I will probably get a couple of picture frames or something else to put on the wall directly behind the rocking chair. The walls are still looking a little bare in here to me! I'm also planning to pick out curtains (most likely they will be black in some form) because this window is an eastern exposure and even with the blinds the sun gets bright and hot on this side of our house very early in the morning.
Also, you can see the swivel glider/recliner my parents bought for me. I'm so spoiled! This was the biggest splurge in the room, and I have already slept in this chair a few times. It's so comfy. The arms are a little higher so it will be comfortable to feed the baby in. The seat is also wide enough that Mason and I can sit in it (even while I'm big and pregnant) to read stories at night comfortably. I'm looking forward to logging some quality hours here with our new little girl and I'm not sure I can thank my parents enough for the gift. A close up of the crib bedding, and also the best view of the green color we painted under the chair rail. It's all fairly bright green, but I had to shut the blinds for the pictures to turn out so it doesn't look true to color.
I think we're basically ready for this girl to make her appearance. If I stumble across a changing table, I will use one, but I never had one for Mason and we managed just fine. Also, coming soon I will post pictures of a cute burp cloth idea my mother-in-law made for us and some pictures of the cute vinyl lettering in Mason's room.






4 comments:
Oh I love the colors! the colors you picked are almost exactly the same ones I picked for the crib bedding :)
I am enviously looking at the rocking chair and how nice it would be to actually have a "nursery" for my little one. But it looks great!
I love the green color you picked out. And I am totally jealous of the chair. I must have one! Now with the cute little baby room done, all you need is that cute little baby! I can't wait to see pictures. Good luck!
Very cute! I love that quote - it's one of my favorites, and I think if I were to do a new nursery, I'd use it, too! She'll be a lucky little girl, that's for sure!
SO cute!! I love it! And as far as the changing table thing goes, we have one for Valerie and I always end up changing her on the floor anyway. :)
Post a Comment