I have not been a very timely blogger lately. I'm getting my butt kicked by a sinus infections; being nine months pregnant means there is virtually nothing I can do but suffer, so it's been great fun. I've been really excellent company and I'm sure Mason is totally sick of me.
Well, last Tuesday was Mason's first trip to the dentist. We love our family dentist's office (as much as is possible, anyway) so if you need a referral let me know. The hygenist was great with Mason, and explained that they had to clean all the "sugar bugs" out of his teeth. He tolerated the panoramic x-ray machine well, and was almost as fascinated with that as he was with watching Alan get his teeth cleaned. I opted out, but promised Mason that he could watch me get my teeth cleaned when I don't have to breathe through my mouth because my nose is so stuffed up.
In the end, he got a new toothbrush (trains), and new toothpaste (to everyone's surprise, he picked mint flavored over the more kid-friendly ones. He loves Altoids, what can I say?), and he picked some tiger striped sunglasses from the treasure chest. I would say the dentist was a hit, since he keeps reminding me that we have to get rid of sugar bugs by brushing and flossing our teeth.






3 comments:
Thats awesome, when you can take your little one to the dentist and they love it! I am hoping Nathan does okay when I take him in for the first time :)
I have taken Livy in twice for "happy visits" with my dentist. She gets to watch me get my teeth cleaned and then the dentist looks into her mouth. It isn't an official visit but something for her to get used to going.
Glad he liked it! I'm very nervous about taking Hallie - I have a feeling it will not be a success story. But I would like a referral to your dentist, because we haven't had one we've liked in a LONG time. Who is he/she?
Post a Comment