Monday, November 9, 2009

Today, I am thankful for ... (day one)

I am totally taking material from my Facebook status to post on my blog. I'm that lame.

Let's see how many people can do this. Every day this month until Thanksgiving, think of one thing that you are thankful for and post it as your status. "Today I am thankful for..." Now if you think you can do it then repost this message as your status to invite others to take the thanksgiving challenge, then post what YOU are thankful for today.



Today, I am thankful for my wonderful neighbors. I was chatting with a neighbor from up the street while I was feeding Claire this morning. We got talking about our shared chocolate addiction, most specifically Snickers candy bars (my big craving of late). Well, while we were chatting, her husband attempted to doorbell ditch and leave a Snickers behind. I only saw him as he was backing out of the driveway because every time someone rings our doorbell, Mason and I have a mad race to get there. Mason does not understand discretion, screening, or security. Anyway, it was a sweet gesture from the two of them, even if I totally busted their anonymity. It made my day.

My neighbors are great. This kind of thing is not uncommon. I only know a handful of people around, but would be willing to help them anytime they need it, no questions asked. And the favor has been returned to me many times over. I was talking with my neighbor across the street recently about how we don't really want to move and leave this neighborhood, even if our family has other needs. Ideally, at that point we would want to somehow magically transport everyone with us.

I'll be back tomorrow! But if you would like to join me in this, either here or on Facebook, it would be fun to see everyone else counting their blessings. It'll be good for me to shake off some of the negativity I've been experiencing of late.

0 comments: