Thursday, November 12, 2009

Today, I am thankful for ... (day four)

Today, I am thankful for the lovely gift of a comfortable rocking chair to snuggle my baby in when she can't breathe all night. And for the gift of wit that will make it possible for me to make it through the day after sleeping sitting up, because at a certain point all you can do is laugh about it!

I am also thankful for our good health. The last two nights are among the first I've spent sitting up with a sad, sick baby; I've been very lucky not to do that more often. We, unlike many others, usually only have doctor's bills from regular check-ups, have not been to the hospital unless we're visiting dad at work, and hope we continue to be so blessed.

The more I hear from friends who are suffering through something unimaginable, or whose children are suffering, the more grateful I am for this. Problems are possible at any turn. I've been very fortunate to have two healthy pregnancies and to give birth to two healthy, beautiful children. It would be ridiculous not to recognize the gift that is as I hold my children close every day and watch them grow.

0 comments: