In an effort to engage Mason in the Halloween season a little bit, we first took him to the pumpkin patch and then yesterday, tried to get his help carving the pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns. He was so excited he even voluntarily left Grandma's house and the park to do this.
But when we got home, he couldn't have cared less. He posed for a picture with the pre-carved pumpkins and insisted I wash the smallest one that we weren't planning on carving. Then he climbed down from his chair, took off his shoes and socks, and went upstairs. When he came down, he had also removed his shirt. We were thinking he wanted to help scoop the stuff out, but we were wrong. He watched Alan carved one eye out of the first pumpkin and then asked if he could watch a movie. *sigh*
Alan: "You will PARTICIPATE in these family activities!"
Of course, Alan was joking and Mason was already off to "play toys". It was a fun way for mom and dad to spend some quality time together, though. It was the first time I've ever carved pumpkins. We used to paint them when I was younger, but I have no recollection of actually carving any. Scooping the inside out was kind of gross, but not as big of a mess as I thought. Alan followed the lines very well (probably better than I drew them--they are very basic, though), and even took pictures for me after dark when I was at work.
Friday, October 31, 2008
"Wow!.... Can I Watch a Movie Now?"
at 10:07
Labels: holidays, slide shows
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
Ha! So funny! You'd think kids would actually appreciate these family activities, and I definitely felt like saying the same thing Alan did last night. Family pumpkins must be the way to go!
Post a Comment