Friday, August 15, 2008

Come out, come out wherever you are

Even though I haven't been hiding, I feel like I should apologize for the lack of posting this week. I know there are at least three people who check this for daily updates and I feel like I have been unusually remiss this week. But this week has been unusual. I worked last Sunday and then not again until last night. I've been focusing on spending time with Mason, both fun time and time trying to work through some issues we've been having. I've also had an unusual amount of time at home with Alan; I think we're addicted to the Olympics. So I'm sorry to disappoint with fewer updates than usual in the last week or so.

I wanted to brag about the fact that we were productive today. We did a little "spring cleaning" sort of project and tackled the wall of bookshelves in our loft. We haven't cleaned these out in the five years since we moved in. We have dusted them, sure; we have added considerably to their volume. But today, we cleaned house. We tossed old notes from college (like my Calculus notebooks--some of those symbols looked so foreign I can't believe I actually pulled a good grade in that class and knew how to do it!), are working on finding a place to recycle old textbooks, and reorganized the whole deal. Our main objective was to clear enough space to dedicate to Mason's books. We thought about doing a book shelf in his room, but he's such a little monkey I figured any height would get tipped over, probably on top of him. So we decided to pony up some valuable real estate in the family library.

I would especially like to draw attention to the organization system used: we have fiction (in alphabetical order), non-fiction (arranged by subject matter), and professional (crammed as far off to the side as possible while still having access if we need it).
Before

After


Mason's personal library

1 comments:

Amber said...

You are apologizing for not posting? Man, you are great at it, where I am lucky to post on mine once a month. well, I love your blog, so there. =) I, too am addicted to the Olympics, and have neglected various other things due to watching them.