Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Anniversary!






So today marks our 5th wedding anniversary. Weird how time flies, isn't it? This time five years ago, we were getting pictures taken before our reception started. We had already gone to 7-11 to buy blue Slurpees for everyone setting up the reception. Although I had changed out of my dress, I went wearing the little flower wreath and the cashier kept staring at us.

Well, times have changed a bit. We aren't spending today sweating our guts out after deciding to have an outdoor wedding when it was near the century mark, and neither are our nearest and dearest friends (hey, Amber, Laura, and Ashlee!). We aren't heading to Cancun tomorrow morning (sad). In fact, we don't even have today off together. We took advantage of a couple days off earlier in the week to celebrate. We went to St. George overnight (too long of a drive for less than a two-night stay, but what can you do?). We stayed at the Inn at Entrada, which was a very nice place! We may go back there in the fall or next spring for a golf trip because it's at a country club. We also went to see Les Miserables at Tuacahn. It wasn't the best version I've seen, but there were some really great things about it. They used real horses, a real cannon, and fireworks. Boy, I bet the residents of Ivins get sick of that around midnight. The next morning, we treated ourselves to an in-room couples massage. We also got to hit the new In-N-Out burger in St. George for lunch before we came home.

The last five years have been hard, frustrating, challenging, fun, wonderful, happy, and millions of other things. Being married and starting a family has been full of challenges and joy. I look forward to the lifetime to come! Love you, babe!

2 comments:

carolee said...

Jannda! You look so gorgeous in your wedding picture!! But then again, you've always been such a pretty gal!! Happy anniversary to you!

Joseph Weed said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the wedding picture you look beautful.