Just a note, I'm taking a small break from the 72 hour kits (mostly because I'm having trouble getting into my work email). The project will resume next Monday. Sorry, Nicol!
So, I had gotten so behind on housework that Mason and I spent basically three days in a row inside. As a result, Alan's suggestion of going to the hot air balloon festival last weekend was extremely well-received. This was in spite of the ominous sky full of clouds and the intermittent downpours that took place all day. So we set off, umbrella packed firmly in the bag, and managed to get a couple of good pictures.
They only got one of the three or four balloons up before the wind made it necessary to put them away. But Alan was on-duty and they were hanging out, so Mason had a great time partaking of fire department Gatorade and exploring the fire engine. The big hit of the day was when the wind helped the Bank of American Fork balloon (shaped like a huge pig) overtake some random standersby. Mason is still talking about the balloon "eating people". When he says "The pig ate people", though, I have some explaining to do.
Alan is such a nice guy, he was willing to help perfect strangers launch their balloon. It was easy until....
...the balloon kind of developed it's own gravity. Good thing Alan had finished the "leg" workout on P90X just a few hours before so his legs couldn't keep up and help his arms!
Alan's acting-BC was such a good sport with Mason. He sat on the bumper and talked to him and even turned the lights on the Chief's truck when he drove away, much to Mason's delight.
This is the one balloon they got up before the wind took over. Maybe if they do this again, the weather will be more cooperative and we can hang out for a while longer.






2 comments:
That looks like fun. I never hear about the fun stuff until it's over.
Don't worry about the 72 hr kits. This will give me a week to get caught up.
I am so bummed we missed it...it looks so cool. Make sure you call us next year! Dorks Rock!
Post a Comment