Friday, August 22, 2008

More Masonisms

I wasn't creative enough to come up with a post title the last time I ticked off the funny stuff Mason was saying. I'm still not, so I just added "more" to the last post. I expect this to happen at least a couple more times.

This week has been so creative and so funny, this Friday I'm actually posting a Friday Five and it's "My Five Favorite Masonisms of the week".

1. "I heard a crick!" (when the crickets start chirping outside).

2. "No, I at camping." (every time I asked him to do something while we were camping--is it a destination or an activity? I think it's an excuse not to listen to mom.)

3. "Daddy wants to sing it- the itsy, itsy spider." (followed by "sing it louder!" when Alan was singing as quietly as possible so he didn't sing to our whole camp)

4. "Read it, read it, read it!" (he checked his first book out of the library--it's a Clifford the Big Red Dog reading primer, and I was driving while he was begging so)

5. "I'm gonna get Grandma!" (while running around the table at camp and wiggling his fingers like he was going to tickle her--in a perfect imitation of what we do to him.)

He has also been making up random songs about his green garbage trucks that are funny but unintelligible. Anything he hears that resembles a saw, hammer, or drill is "Kinda like Bob the Builder". And he is still talking about the time, while he was at Grandma's house, some grass fell out of the neighbor's garbage can. He insisted they go sweep it up and put it back in the garbage can so it would go in the garbage truck next time. Every now and again, he will also mention the incident with the chair and the dumpster. If I hadn't blogged about it, I may not have any idea what he was talking about because his memory for these things is much, much longer than mine.

1 comments:

Nicol said...

How cute! I can't believe he still remembers the chair. That was some time ago. Sounds like he really has a memory!