Saturday, October 4, 2008

Vote!

More than ever, we are facing hundreds of important dilemmas with the upcoming elections. More than ever, it is so important that we vote. I have voted every year I could since I turned 18 and I will continue to. It may not be pretty- Alan and I don't always agree and the debates around our house can get heated. My dad and I refuse to talk politics at all because we are polar opposites. But you know what matters more than that? Feeling like I did something important. People, especially women, fought very hard for me to have the right to vote; (If you haven't seen that email, I hope you do!); feeling like I did something that might give my son a more secure future.

If you aren't registered to vote, please do so. You can follow the link on the video, or just click here: http://www.maps.google.com/vote . Put in your home address and it will let you know what all the time limits are for you to register. I believe, by now, you have to register in person in the state of Utah. I know we are all sick of politics, sick of hearing debates and the elections, but this stuff is important--pay attention to it. We're picking a leader for almost the next decade, and do we really want to end up worse off than we are now?

I will say it to anyone in person--it is so important that you vote. You can do it in person or by mail. Just do it! Otherwise, you have no license to complain about our leadership in the next four to eight years.

1 comments:

JM said...

speaking of soapboxes!