When I first started my blog, I did a little post to introduce my friend Nicol (even though she has an impressive blog of her own) and just say a little about what she means to me. As I'm finding more friends who blog, I feel inclined to share more about those friendships as well. I'm not always the most trusting person, and the people I have become friends with over time are the most important people to me. They have all contributed in very real ways to who I have become today.
So I introduce Amber as my friend. Amber and I met in high school and got to be friends quickly because neither of us typically fare well with other girls. Especially girls in high school, who can be so caddy and mean. We were both a little more laissez-faire than that. Our friendship really kicked into high gear after high school, though. We have managed to lean on each other through some pretty fun and interesting times.
I don't know exactly why I recalled this, but I distinctly remember one of my first doorbell ditching experiences with Amber and her sister, Jamie. We were so very bored, and I believe paper snakes or something of that nature were involved. While I don't remember the immature specifics, I do remember that it was a) harmless for the others involved, although I'm sure completely bewildering, and b) so fun we laughed until we were almost sick. Amber, do you remember this at all?
My other favorite Amber memory is a $50 bill. She and I were both waitresses during college (at different restaurants), and we had a $50 bill that made its way back and forth several times as a tip. I don't remember exactly what happened to it, but I'm pretty sure we spent it together when we both got out of the horrible profession that is food service. At least I hope we did.
Also, thanks for never making fun of me for that time I locked my keys in the car (while it was running, with the headlights on, and the windshield wipers going full speed) outside Spencer's house in the rain. You let me inside with a straight face, and I don't think I can ever repay you for that.
Amber is fun, sometimes crazy, happy even when she isn't, sarcastic, and a good friend. I'm so proud to say she is my friend and that we have stayed in touch through weddings (please let me know if you ever find those pictures. Jamie and I could get into trouble if they fell in the wrong hands.), moves, and children. I hope we will manage to keep in touch, however sporadically or via repeated phone taggings, for many years to come.
Saturday, June 7, 2008
My Friend Amber
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Okay, so I totally just wrote a huge comment and I wasn't signed in and therefore my post didn't work. So, here goes my best effort to recreate my post to you. I totally remember the doorbell ditching, and I think the unlucky recipient of our woeful acts was the one and only Robert. Poor sap. I'm sure he was glad when I finally moved away and left him alone. =) I must say, however, that you have been there with me through weddings and babies, but you have also been there with me through some pretty crappy times, too. You have always had my back, and I always know that you are there for me even if we haven't talked in months. You are my oldest friend (and I don't mean in age, I will always be older than you) and truly a lifesaver. Friendships like ours don't come around very often and should be cherished. (This all sounded so much better in my last comment! Dang it!) Well, I feel as if I am a mess because now my brain is trying to remember what I wrote before, and this is not allowing things to flow well or sound real. I'm just gonna go now. Sorry about the golf clubs. My child is a klepto in training. =)
Post a Comment