Saturday, June 14, 2008

My friend Joey

I would be remiss if I did all these posts about my close friends and didn't mention Joey . I don't remember exactly how Joey and I became the friends that plan activities together all the time, except to say that we met through our scrapbooking group and mutual friends, Laura and Kristi.



Joey is an all-star mom and friend. If she likes you enough (and that is usually the case) she will do anything to help you out of a bind. Joey really stepped up and helped me out with Mason when my work was being poopy and I had to work full-time until Mason was six months old to keep my job (and Amber, who had been also fantastic, was too pregnant with her son to even help herself). She was there on short notice when Alan's schedule would change, and has also been there so I can have a sanity check in the form of a pedicure or a haircut. She also trusts me enough to let me return the favor by watching her own wonderful children. I have long thought if you trust someone with your children, you are trusting them with your life. I trust her that much, and I am so flattered that she trusts me the same way.



We also do many of our kid-friendly activities together. Our boys are about a year apart, but very much enjoy each other's company and many of the same things. They both love anything that moves (trucks and trains especially). We have killed many afternoons at the zoo, at the park, or at Farm Country/Thanksgiving Point. We share a love of Leatherby's ice cream, Coldstone, Kneaders, and Village Baker. She was also resposible for recently kick-starting my dormant addiction to $5 pizza and Crazy Bread.



Joey is super mom and you can always ask her for advice. With all the pharmaceutical experience in their household (and it was legal, I'm not trying to imply anything, but she and her husband both work in a pharmacy by trade), you can call her for any medication dose that recommends you call your doctor. Her son has had enough allergies, scrapes, bumps and bruises, that she can also recommend the best product for the job. She is always ready and more than willing to help in this way.



We trade recipes, favorite websites, children's book information, and (though mostly one way because Nate is older) clothes for our kids. We both understand workaholic dads, and those weeks where you almost feel like a single mom because you are home alone with the kid(s) for so long you can't remember what your husband looks like. I can call her for anything--to vent, to gloat, to worry, and to cry. She will listen and offer support, advice, and help in any combination necessary. There is nothing I can say that would thank her for everything over the last couple of years, but the best part of our friendship is I like to think I don't need to, because I'm always here for her in the same ways.

1 comments:

JM said...

You are way to kind to me....and it may that I am way sleep deprived, but you nearly made me cry you creep!!! Love Ya!!