Monday, July 28, 2008

72 hr. kit challenge, week 9

In case you are participating and hadn't noticed, I'm also placing an overview sort of list on the right hand side of the page so it's ready to go!

Also...I confess. I could add another reason to the list of reasons I'm special. I just realized this morning that everything my workplace has provided is with the intent of creating a 96 Hour Kit for all your family members. So there will be a number of items coming up for day 4. I'm trying to decide what to do and would love some input. I think maybe I'll just skip anything that is an instruction for day 4, and maybe go back when we're all done and do something to upgrade. Is anyone else on board with that?

So, continuing on. This week, we should be gathering a sturdy pair of shoes for each kit. Pick something that will be comfortable should you end up walking a lot, and something that will protect your feet in case you are walking over rubble or other potentially dangerous materials. Don't be like me and insist that flip-flops are all-purpose shoes! Happy shopping/gathering.

2 comments:

Nicol said...

I'm so behind! I'm still trying to gather clothes!

Jann said...

Hey, good! Me, too.