Saturday, July 19, 2008

Book Review: Before Midnight by Cameron Dokey

'Before Before Midnight: A Retelling of "Cinderella" by Cameron Dokey




My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was a fast, easy to read story that was perfect for a lazy afternoon. However, I didn't feel the characters were very well-developed. The ending came too quickly, and didn't describe much of the 'ever after', which is the part I enjoy more of fairy tale alterations. There was also, for me, not much surprise to it. I knew how the book would end almost before I picked it up.

That being said, it is good if you need a fluffy, feel-good read or if you like fairy tales with a more conventional spin. I will probably read at least a couple other books in the "Once Upon a Time" series when I'm in a princess sort of mood.


View all my reviews at GoodReads if you want further recommendations!

0 comments: