Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wanted: Golf Skills

I recently finished up some golf lessons Alan gave me for my birthday. There was a little scheduling issue (such a surprise when it comes to our family, I know!) that could only be resolved by taking two lessons last month around the time of my birthday and two lessons this last week.


I just wanted to let anyone who is interested know about the instructor. She is amazing! I liked her so well that Alan and I are thinking of doing some private lessons, either with the two of us or another couple who we love to golf with.


Thanks to Melanie, I can hit 110 yards or so with my irons consistently. I've been trying to get a handle on the woods (mine is a hybrid 3/5), but I'm not quite there yet. I'm determined to keep practicing with it, because she says it will be my "bread and butter" as a female golfer. It will help me make up some distance, meaning that hopefully Alan won't have to stop four times on the fairway so I can keep hitting and catching up to him!


In the beginning lessons, we have worked on stance/posture and grip more than anything else. She got to me to relax (yes that's possible) and have a more fluid swing. I would love to move on to her second group of classes, where you work on chipping and putting, but she's only doing private or semi-private lessons for the rest of the year.


If anyone is interested in taking lessons or wants further information, you can visit her site: Melanie's Pro Shop. She is patient and thorough, and I would highly recommend her. She is very much a pro!

0 comments: