
So a big thanks and awww to Nicol @ Classy and Sophisticated for the award! I'm so honored to publish a blog that inspires her to do something. She said I've helped motivate her to work on her 72 hour kits, which is also true in reverse. I totally wouldn't be getting my own together if I didn't have someone who is so consistently on top of things doing it with me. Nicol and I have been friends for years, so I'm sure that helps with the motivational factor, too.
So, once an award is received, the rules are as follows:
1.Put the logo on your blog.
2.Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3.Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4.Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5.Leave a message for your nominee on their blogs.
Now I'm feeling some pressure as to who I should nominate, because I don't follow lots of blogs. Also, most of the blogs I look at outside of friends' are ones Nicol has recommended. In a lot of ways, my world is very small!
I'd like to pass an award on to Misty @ The Birch Family because, although she doesn't update lots, it's because her kids are so busy. They are both really good, happy kids and are the kind of family I hope we will have even when our kids are older.
Next would be Jill @ The Stewart Family. She's the one who got me into this in the first place. Plus, I like having a place I can keep an eye on the adventures of Parker, or should I say: Mason is his stunt double.
Also I want to include Sarah @ Enchantingly Simple for including excellent recipes and how-tos. I'm going to try making my own yogurt (once I procure a candy thermometer) thanks to her, and I'm sure Mason and I will love it as long as I follow the directions!
Speaking of recipes, I would be remiss if I didn't award my friend Joey @ Whatever Recipes. She always has the recipes I'm looking for. It may seem self-congratulatory because she has posted a couple of my recipes, but I have gotten way more out of that bargain. Her meatloaf is awesome, as are basically any of her baked goods. My favorite (not that it wasn't a tough choice) continues to be her fruit pizza.
Then there is Jo @ Justin, Jo and the Kids. I went to high school with Jo, and our husbands also went to high school together. It's been fun to celebrate the odd coincidence in that as well as catch up with them through her blog. Her two children are so cute, and she posts lots of picture that are absolutely adorable.
I need to mention Amber @ Built Ford Tough because I sucked her into the blogosphere and she doesn't disappoint. She is entertaining and so is her little boy!
Lastly, I would like to pass this on to Carolee @ The Jaynes Family because, although we fell out of touch for a while, reading about her beautiful family has been a great way to catch up. I love watching the slide shows and videos she has put together of their family time and she inspired me to do my own.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
And the winner is....
at 23:30
Labels: Odds and Ends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
It is really hard deciding who to give one to. Congrats to all....I have decided that I like getting blog awards!
ahh... thank you! I actually went to update my blog today and that was a sweet surprise. That just made my day : )
You are too cute! Thanks for the award. I'll be thinking of who I can give an award to. I've loved reading your blog. You are so clever and a great writer. Oh yeah, and I haven't forgotten about the tag you gave me. I just haven't been home for a bit. I'm in Alaska until next Tuesday, so I'll post my tag then. Thanks again!!
Thanks for the award, although I must admit that I am not sure as how to pass it on. I guess you will have to explain that to me, the computer illiterate.
Post a Comment