Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What's up chuck? Odds and ends from our week.

You know, even though I've joined up with this Twitter thing, there are so many small things I feel the need to post here, and they don't really have a specific subject, or really even enough to justify their own, full post. So here we go.

1. I had a Lia Sophia jewelry party this past weekend. I love their jewelry because I don't have the freakish allergic reactions to it that I have to other jewelry (even my wedding ring sometimes!). It's good, high quality stuff and they have a generous exchange policy, which is useful for me because Mason sometimes thinks my jewelry is a toy, though I try to watch him with it. But mostly, I host these parties periodically because it's an excuse for my friend Jill to come and visit. She is the consultant. She also lives far, far away and has a house full of her own. I'm not closing the party for a couple of days, so if you find something you like and want to order it, you can either contact me or contact Jill at the link above. Just make sure she knows I'm the one who referred you :)

2. Mason has been saying a wealth of funny things this week. I swear, ever hour there is something new.

  • When my mom came to help me set up my LS party, she had a Shopko bag in her hand. Mason proceeded to point at each letter on the bag and tell her what sound it made. She turned to me and asked "How long has it been since I saw him again?" The answer was less than a week, but he's learning the alphabet so fast.
  • Mom has been replaced for pre-naptime snuggles. By a stuffed turtle. This makes me sad.
  • Every time Mason jumps, bumps, or falls, he looks at you expectantly and says "N'okay, buddy?" He will keep watching you until you ask if he is all right.
  • He asks to see the pictures of Rio and Samson posted on our blog, even when they are laying, in person, at his feet.
  • Mason asks that Rio be allowed to lay on his bed every night while we read his bed time story. (Yes, usually just the one. We are doing so much better with that.)
  • My mom learned that Mason will ask for fresh batteries in the cars for his race track. He will also show you where we keep the batteries, where we keep the screwdriver--he can't reach it--and where on the cars the battery compartment is located.
  • He has associated just about every errand with going to the "farn" (farm). No matter where we go, even when we go downtown, he asks to see the cows. "I will touch them," he vows.

0 comments: