My friend Kristi bought me an Oil Burner from The Body Shop for my birthday a couple of years ago. It has become an instant must-have in our house because of the variety of smells our dogs expose us to. It's not that they always smell bad, but you can almost always tell two dogs live here, so it's nice to get something fresh in the air. If we have a bad cooking experience, it is strong enough to overcome that. The smell is also subtle enough to burn while we eat dinner and it's not too overpowering. My favorite scents are pomegranate, cranberry, sumatra, and coconut. Every now and again, the scents go on sale in a 3 for $X sort of combination.
How is this related to Mason, you ask? Well, first thing this morning, I lit the candle (with the coconut scent since summer seems to have disappeared). Mason saw me strike the match and said "I want cake". It took me a minute to understand what he was thinking of (see below).
This is the cake from Mason's 2nd birthday in January. I wasn't very creative, honestly. I can bake a cake, but I can't "create" a cake like some people can. Anyway, Mason saw me light the crayon candles with a match. Why his mind went clear back there when I lit the candle this morning, I don't know. The memory on this kid often tests my limits a little and this was no exception.






0 comments:
Post a Comment